21 September 2016

Chewy Choc Chip Cookies

I had a moment where I had a craving for chewy chocolate chop cookies.

 You know the ones they sell in the bakery section of the supermarket? Filled with sugar, preservatives, but oh so good and chewy?! 

I wanted to recreate this cookie to satisfy my 3pm cookie craving. I came across this recipe and its an absolute winner, I thought I would share it with you today!


 ingredients

1 1/4 cup almond meal
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup cacao
1/4 cup cacao nibs
1 cup shredded coconut
1/3 cup coconut nectar or rice malt syrup
3 tbs melted coconut oil

1 egg

method

STEP 1Preheat your oven to 190 degrees and line a tray with baking paper. In a large bowl, sift almond meal, baking powder and raw cacao. Stir through cacao nibs and shredded coconut.
  • STEP 2Whisk remaining wet ingredients in a bowl and add to dry mixture. Use a large spoon to combine.
  • STEP 3Scoop out tablespoon sized mounds onto your baking tray.
  • STEP 4Bake for 10-12 minutes, less time for more chewy cookies, more for some crunch! Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
DO YOU GET THE 3'OCLOCK SUGAR CRAVING? 
Do you like making healthier options like these cookies, with no added refined sugar too?

On a side note - I just wanted to say a big thank you for all the love and well wishes on my post yesterday - I was honestly so touched and cannot thank you enough. Such exciting times ahead and I cannot wait to share them with you all. so from the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU!
Follow Glamour Coastal Living:
 INSTAGRAM // FACEBOOK // PINTEREST // SHOP

4 comments :

  1. Oh yum they look delish and I'm loving your healthy version of them too. Thanks for sharing with YWF too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the link up and inspiration Vic! x

      Delete
  2. These look wonderful and gluten free too! always on the look out for tasty gluten free cookies

    ReplyDelete
  3. BOYS!!! Yay! Little boys are so much fun :) I love gender reveals and love your gorgeous cake idea. Going to remember this for future birthday parties. So excited for you :) xx

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day receiving your lovely comments - feel free to leave one below x Ash

 

CONTACT/WORK WITH ME

ASHLEA KERR

Blogger, Creative + Business Owner

Gold Coast, Australia

Interested in working with me? Sounds fantastic, I love working with brands and creating fabulous content for my readers.

glamourcoastalliving@gmail.com

On Glamour Coastal Living

Related Posts with Thumbnails